What is immunity?
Immunity is the capability of the body to protect from viruses, bacteria and foreign bodies, for which people are exposed to them in their daily life. The immune system is different in each body, and it becomes stronger with the maturity of body, therefore, adult and teens are much stronger as compare the children.
Types of immunity-
In human body there are three types: innate, adaptive and passive:
Innate – this is to note that a person is born with some level of immunity to protect from the invaders from day one, and this includes the external barrier of our body. In other words, we can say our initial defence system from pathogens [in biological term, an organism that can produce or causes a disease such as a virus, bacteria, fungi or parasite or sometimes cause epidemics].
Adaptive /acquired – As we grow with the life, our body become stronger with adaptive and is protected from pathogens, and after getting vaccination it build up a series of antibodies to various pathogens.
Passive – This is borrowed from other sources, and it does not last for longevity, like a child get some antibodies from the mother before birth and with breast milk to protect the baby from infections in early age.
Tips to improve our immunity
- Live a healthy lifestyle and take regular diet with fruits and vegetables
- Do not smoke
- Do regular exercise
- Minimal alcohol consumption
- Take adequate sleep
- Try to reduce stress
- Keep in touch with doctor to get current vaccination.
Foods those boost our immune system:
1. Citrus fruits – grapefruit, oranges, Clementine’s, lemons and lime
Almost all citrus fruits are high in Vitamin C, and these can easily can be use in our daily meals.
To keep our body healthy, we required daily vitamin C, and the recommended daily amount for most adult is:
-75 mg for women
-90 mg for men
2. Broccoli: this is supercharged with vitamins and minerals, like vitamins A, C & E, as well as fiber and many other antioxidants. This healthy vegetable should be regular in our daily diet.
3. Garlic: this has immune boosting properties seem to come from a heavy concentration of sulfur-containing compound, like allicin. It also slows down hardening of arteries.
4. Ginger: it helps decrease inflammation, which can help reduce a sore throat, inflammatory illness and may help with nausea as well. This may also decrease chronic pain, and might even poses cholesterol-lowering properties.
5. Spinach: it is rich in vitamin C, and also have numerous antioxidants and beta carotene.
6. Yogurt: this is a great source of vitamin D, which helps regulate the immune
system and very useful to boost our body’s natural defenses against diseases.
7. Almonds: this is full of vitamin and has healthy fats.
8. Sunflower seeds: this is full of nutrients with phosphorous, and vitamins B-6 and E [important in regulating and maintaining immune system function]. Source of vitamin e are avocados and dark leafy greens.
9. Turmeric: this is an anti-inflammatory in treating both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
10. Green tea: this is powerful antioxidants, and it enhances immune function. It also a good source of the amino acid L-theanine [this may aid in production of germ-fighting compounds in our T cells].
11. Papaya: this is another source of vitamin C, and also has a digestive enzyme. This also includes amount of potassium, magnesium and folate, which are useful to our overall health.
12. Kiwi: this is naturally full of essential nutrients, including folate, potassium, and vitamin K & C. vitamin C enhance the white cells to fight infection, other nutrients of kiwi keep our body functioning properly.
13. Poultry: like chicken and turkey high in vitamin B-6 [useful in many chemical reactions that happen in our body, and also help to increase new and healthy red blood cells].
14. Shellfish: some shellfish are full of zinc, which is required in our body to our immune system can function as intended. Various shellfish are oysters, crab, lobster & mussels.
15. Red bell peppers: this contains almost 3 times as much vitamin C, and they are also a rich of beta carotene [which our body converts into vitamin A, and it help our eyes and skin healthy].
In addition to the foods, immunity can be enhanced by other options like natural herbs in the form of capsules, tablets etc., and so forth, in the event that someone don't have the opportunity to keep up their day by day food propensity. The Vitamin Company furnishes these choices with common minerals those lift resistance and other fundamental necessity in the human body, without utilizing counterfeit fixings (no artificial ingredients).
The Vitamin Company has the following products (as shown below) which can be very useful to enhance human immunity, by including in our daily meals.
In conclusion, immunity of human body should be stronger enough to prevent the invasion of various viruses & bacteria. Therefore, we must maintain our daily meals by taking proper diet which is useful to our body, as well as to enhance our immunity system.